My First

My First
October 2010, My First 5K

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Changing....

What a difference a few weeks make! Although my body is changing constantly, it seems like the past week or so the changes have been drastic.

I'm seeing the shape of bones, particularly in the hands which I have never been able to see as clearly as now.

The clothes are a challenge each week. I have three bags in my closet: one for a homeless shelter, the second for a clothes swap and third a bag of throw-aways. And every week, I add more items to each bag. Particularly this week, I have seen a big change in how clothes are fitting me. My poor khaki pants never stood a chance (I didn't realize how hard it is to find nice fitting khakis!). My "wear-around-the-house" clothes are also taking a toll. On Tuesday night, I was taking out two bags of trash when my pants dropped right above the knees. Luckily, I don't think anyone saw me and I was wearing a long shirt, so it was all good. Another one bites the dust!

Another change I feel is my appetite. You know how work is (phone calls, clients, class, paperwork, etc.)...sometimes, you just can't fit in those in-between-meal snacks. Well, if I miss even one snack, it feels like I'm dying of hunger. I can no longer survive without those snacks! My metabolism has increased another level!

My endurance has also increased a lot, so I have to find new ways to switch it up with my body. My trainer Marie does an excellent job of this and pushing my body to its limits. The classes help a lot too. Power pump and 300 change each month; zumba lets me physically express myself a little different each time. I also change the distances and speeds of my running.

One last thing....When I originally started my journey almost two years ago, my goal weight was 180. 180=the big prize in the sky! Well, not only did I achieve my ultimate long term goal this week, I have also surpassed it! Now, my goals are more oriented to running milestones. Here's to many more goals achieved and many changes which await me in the future....

1 comment:

  1. fantastic! I'm enjoying going through your archives :)

    ReplyDelete