My First

My First
October 2010, My First 5K

Friday, May 20, 2011

Never Quit Living Life

Tomorrow is the big day! The Never Quit 5K and Beach Fest is tomorrow evening. This most recent challenge couldn't come at a better time. I am so ready to run on the beach to fight against the wind and then let the wind carry me to the finish line (and red carpet! :-) ).

On the race bib, each participant is supposed to write who he/she is not quitting for. I've been thinking about this a lot...I know what I want to write, but I don't want to seem selfish. Is it okay to write myself? This is the year that I'm not quitting; bit by bit I'm flushing out the weaknesses that led me to what I became. I will never quit for my former fat self. Wow, it just sounds really weird to say "former" in front of fat. A part of me feels like I haven't earned the write to say it yet. A part of me thinks I have every right to say it and feel proud. And then there's another part that thinks "fat" is just another relative term. One person's fat is not another person's fat. So, what's the big deal?

Another important part of the race is the attire. This will be the first time EVER that I'm wearing a tank top out in public without covering myself. It's completely sleeveless! Aaaaaahhh! I'm a little nervous....but I think I'll be worrying more about finishing faster to really pay attention or care. Yes, I'll have my game face on!

In addition to Saturday's festivities, on Sunday I'm going with 3 awesome people to Marineland to the dolphin touch and feed program. I can't wait to interact with the dolphins....it's going to be some good therapy for my soul!

I will never quit NEVER!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you put yourself on your bib - of course it's OK! That's where everything starts!

    ReplyDelete