My First

My First
October 2010, My First 5K

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Small Step to Recovery












I made a small (but huge) step to my recovery last night. You may be asking what do I mean by "recovery"? Well, over the years, my self esteem has suffered a lot. We all have those days where we aren't feeling it. I used to not ever "feel it." I guess deep, down inside I knew I was worth it, but after being beat down constantly--it takes a toll on the self esteem.






So, after losing all this weight, it's taking my mind some time to catch up with my physical self. My mind is still in default to hide myself. Slowly, but surely, I'm taking baby steps to reverse that default. Now, I'm not saying I will go to the other extreme and become a nudist or one day show up at the gym in a string bikini. :-) But I am buying AND wearing more form fitting clothes. I also bought some nearly sleaveless shirts. This is a big deal for me, because I'm extremely self-conscious about my arms, especially with all the lose skin.






Last night, I wore one of my nearly sleavless shirts out in public! I was so afraid of people staring at me, but they didn't. I could enjoy a summer evening like everyone else!






I feel like one more bar has been broken in my self-imposed jail.....

4 comments:

  1. That's amazing Larissa! You have always been beautiful but your happiness shines through you and makes you truly stunning. Enjoy your summer evenings girl! You've earned it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy! It's going to be a fun summer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I've always said hon, You're a GODDESS, and don't let anyone, or anything ever tell you otherwise!

    You've always been beautiful to me!

    Love,
    Uncle Doug

    ReplyDelete