My First

My First
October 2010, My First 5K

Saturday, April 9, 2011

What is 150 in 150?

I am happy to announce that I have lost 150 pounds since starting this journey to a healthier me! First thought that came to mind: How should I celebrate this achievement? It's not every day that someone loses 150 pounds (without surgery), right? What better way to celebrate then to challenge myself even further!

150 in 150 is just one arm of the LJB project (the "me" project). 150 in 150 is a simple challenge: run 150 miles in 150 days. When I put this in writing, it sounds a lot scarier! But, I've been scared about a lot of things over the past year or so. I was scared when I joined the gym (Are they going to wonder why this fat girl is even trying at the gym?). I was scared when I went to my first zumba class (Will they note every misstep I make?). I was scared when I started the personal training sessions (Will she understand me and care about me to see me through this long road ahead?). I was scared when I first started power walking (How can I walk this fast while carrying all this weight?). And I was scared right before the gun was shot in my first 5K (Am I going to be the very last person to cross the finish line and will people feel sorry for me?). Honestly, I am scared about this challenge, but it must mean I'm on the right path. It's okay to fail. It's okay if you can't do it like everyone else. What's important? You give it your best effort and you will never lose.


So, when does this challenge begin? Monday, April 11, 2011...150 days later, September 7, 2011! I will keep this blog updated throughout all my adventures. I'm just glad I get to share it with everyone! Please follow my blog to keep updated on the progress. Day 1 is Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You can and WILL do it. Thank you for sharing this experience with all of us. It is very motivational and I am sure it will help others that are afraid to start doing for themselves..I know its helping me. Can't wait to see you at the next race.

    One of the girls from your Zumba family:
    Odie ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Odie. You will definitely see me at the next one! :-)

    ReplyDelete