My First

My First
October 2010, My First 5K

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Rematch: 7 months later...

It's been a long time coming. I look at that picture and think about how nervous and scared I was, lining up for my first 5K. I was so worried I would not finish. Then, as people started passing me, I wondered how horrible it would be to finish dead last. When I crossed the finish line, I was happy, but tired and exhausted. And I hurt for days! I look at myself in this picture. Seven months ago I was 80 pounds heavier and could barely run a quarter mile, let alone a full mile.

Next Saturday, May 7, I'm having a rematch with myself. Where it all started: The Human Race 5K. I'm not really nervous; I'm rather excited to see what I can do now. I know I can run the whole race, that I can beat that stinkin' clock and that I will sprint to the finish line in celebration of everything I've accomplished in my 7 months of running. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment