My First

My First
October 2010, My First 5K

Saturday, November 12, 2011

2 weeks...

Several weeks ago I came to terms with the end of my weight loss journey. And now I'm only 2 weeks away from completing another milestone...finishing my first half marathon. I'm nervous, excited, sad and happy. I'm wondering how I'm going to feel as I line up with my pace team at the start. I'm wondering what I'll be thinking about during the race. If I make it to the finish line, what will I do? Will I collapse? Will I be crying? Screaming? Doing a zumba shuffle?

I'm nervous and excited because it's been a llllooooonnng time coming. Two freakin' years....I don't want to disappoint myself and everyone else. I'm sad because this is yet another end and I'm happy because this ending is another fresh beginning.

I just have a lot of thoughts swirling around right now. If the 10-mile race was any indication, after the gun fired, I felt this overwhelming peace embrace me. I hope the same thing happens on 11.27!

No comments:

Post a Comment